FloodSax company Environmental Defence Systems Ltd is looking for an outstanding new sales executive … here’s all you need to know along with how to apply
We are looking for an outstanding sales executive to join our small team at award-winning Yorkshire company Environmental Defence Systems Ltd (www.edslimited.co.uk) which sells 3 main products, FloodSax, BlastSax and AvSax.
EDS Ltd won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2018 and has very high customer care standards which the new sales executive will play a key role in maintaining.
EDS managing director Richard Bailey said: “Applicants must have a proven strong sales record and excellent personal skills to liaise with current customers and to find new ones.
“This is a role for a strongly motivated, self-disciplined, multi-skilled person who is prepared to go ‘that extra mile’ in every aspect of the role. In return we offer an excellent salary and company car.”
The successful candidate will join initially on a 6-month probationary period and it will become a permanent role if the period is successfully passed. Applicants can work predominantly from home and travel to the office as and when required.
Main purpose of the job
Increase sales of the EDS product range by maximising sales to the existing EDS customer base, increase all product sales and find new customers. The sales executive must ensure the highest levels of customer care and satisfaction are always achieved and maintained.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders and establishes new accounts by planning and organising daily work schedules to call on existing or potentially new customers.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations to maximise the impact with different customers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules and merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management.
- Attend shows and exhibitions as agreed with the managing director.
- Liaise with Government and military personnel and departments as required in relation to the EDS product range.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Any other tasks as requested by the managing director.
Sales Manager skills and qualifications
- Customer service
- Meeting sales targets
- Closing sales deals
- Territory management
- Prospecting skills
- Product knowledge
- Ability to come up with new and different ideas
- Presentation skills
- Forging and maintaining client relationships
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Administration skills to ensure paperwork is always up-to-date
- A full driving licence, preferably clean
Desirable skills but not essential
- A military background or knowledge would be an advantage for sales of our BlastSax alternative sandbag and AvSax fire mitigation bag
- An aviation background or knowledge would be an advantage for sales of our AvSax fire mitigation bag
Planning and Marketing
- Working with the managing director to develop a strategy to increase sales across the EDS product range.
- Working with the managing director and PR/marketing manager to increase market penetration through effective, planned marketing.
Policies and Practices
- Attend weekly/fortnightly meetings and prepare all requested documentation. Ensure sufficient prior preparation time and have a full understanding of the information to be discussed. These meetings may be in the office or remotely through the internet.
- Ensure adherence to company policy and procedures at all times.
- To promote the company in a professional manner and in particular not to communicate anything which would be considered not in the interests of the company or which may not have the full support of the managing director.
- Create and maintain a professional image of the company.
- Communicate effectively with all existing and future customers to ensure a thorough understanding of the product range.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all EDS customers and work colleagues.
- Exemplary appearance and behaviour at all times.
- Prompt and punctual with a positive attitude always reflective of the position.
- Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested.
To apply, send your CV and the reasons why this is the job for you to EDS managing director Richard Bailey. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Friday, January 8, 2021.