When bad weather is forecast – or even when it’s already struck – there is a massive upsurge online of people searching for ‘where do I buy sandbags?’
Trouble is, by then it’s often too late as they are heavy to move, a logistical nightmare to transport anywhere and very bulky and messy to then build them into a barrier to stop homes or businesses from being flooded.
More and more businesses, facility managers, homeowners and flood action groups are now turning to FloodSax alternative sandbags which are far better than sandbags … and you’ll have them 24/7 so you’re always prepared for flooding.
* Must be replaced regularly costing thousands of pounds for big companies and local authorities that need palletised sandbags ready all year round for any emergency.
* Can deteriorate if stored for a long time, especially in cold, damp warehouses.
* Exceptionally unwieldy to lift and handle with all kinds of health, safety and manual handling technique problems for staff who have to use them at businesses.
* Messy with the sand easily washed out and adding to all the damage if they burst.
* Difficult and expensive to transport anywhere due to their weight. One box of 20 FloodSax is equal to 20 sandbags on a pallet.
* Need a lot of people to move any number of sandbags anywhere.
*Easy to store and can be vacuumed-packed to save even more room.
*Always there for peace of mind. No panic to buy sandbags if a flood is forecast.
*Can be expanded in water right next to where you need them and stay taut until flood subsides.
*Lightweight before they are used with the standard bag weighing just a few ounces so can be used by people who would not be able to lift sandbags.
*Thousands can be quickly transported in a van, saving on fuel, wages, manpower and the impact on the environment.
*Can be stored in small depots around the area, not one huge central store so can be taken even more quickly to the scene.
*One can be expanded and put down the toilet to block it from filthy water being forced up by the floodwater backing up through the drains and sewer.